I have been having a bit of a clear-out and found an old book I used to write poems and quotes in when I was a teenager. A lot of it is rather amusing, but amongst it I found a list of beauty tips by Audrey Hepburn so I thought I would share them with you.
- For lovely lips, speak words of wisdom
- For lovely eyes, seek out the good in people
- For a slim figure, share your food with the hungry
- For beautiful hair, let a child run his or her fingers through it once a day
- For poise, walk with the knowledge you’ll never walk alone
- People, even more than things, have to be restored, renewed, revived, reclaimed and redeemed. Never throw out anybody
- As you grow older you will discover that you have two hands, one for helping yourself, the other for helping others
- The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes that she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman must be seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to the heart, the place where love resides
- True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It is the caring that she lovingly gives and the passion that she shows. And the beauty of a woman with passing years only grows.
Oh Audrey, if only it were that simple!