MUA originally started offering everything of theirs for £1 each. They have now launched their Pro range, with slightly more expensive items, although still very affordable - primer at £4, nail quake at £2.50, eyeshadow trios at £2.50 and 12-pan eyeshadow palettes for a mere £4.
The pro range isn't officially in stores until next month, but is available at some selected stores (I found mine in Belfast while on a weekend away!) or on superdrug.com
The palettes were developed by Lisa Valencia, taking inspiration from the shades she mixed most to get top models and celebrities photo shoot ready. There are six palettes in the range, varying from a very daily-wearable Heaven and Earth palette to the more whacky, colourful Pop Tastic palette with the four in between hopefully having something to suit everyone's taste.
Since buying the Heaven & Earth palette last weekend, I have been using it every single day - so please excuse the non-pristineness in the pics!
The colours haven't been named, so I have numbered them below, just so you know which colours I'm talking about.
I have been wearing number 4 all over my lid, with 10 over the outer 3/4 of my lid and number 5 in the crease - I've found them a really nice combination and long lasting. I do my make up around 8am, and everything is still in place by evening.
Other make up used:
- Concealer (blemishes) - MAC Select Cover Up
- Concealer (under eyes) - Sephora Colour Correcting Palette (pink)
- Foundation - Estee Lauder Double Wear Light
- Powder - Laura Mercier Translucent Powder
- Bronzer - MAC Lushlight Bronze
- Highlighter - Bobbi Brown Apricot Shimmer Brick
- Blusher - MAC Stereo Rose MSF
- Eyeliner - Rimmel Black Flash Flash Liner
- Tight line - GOSH Black Ink Velvet Touch eyeliner
- Mascara - Max Factor Masterpiece Max
- Lipstick - MAC Hue + MAC Pink Friday + MAC Call My Bluff
I have noticed a couple of colours fairly similar to those already owned. I have swatched them side by side - how similar do you think they are?
All in all I am highly impressed with this palette. The neutral colours are right up my street - very wearable, highly pigmented and long lasting, and I will definitely be checking out more of the pro range once it comes into my local store. I have my eyes on the eyeshadow trios - I need all of them in my life!
Have you tried any of the Pro range yet? What do you think of it?