web analytics

Clinique Chubby Sticks

On 1st June, Clinique introduced 8 new shades to their popular range of Chubby Sticks. I had heard great things about Chubby Sticks in the past – they are really hydrating for lips; containing Shea Butter, Mango Seed Butter and Jojoba Seed Oil – this is make up that is doing good for you while looking good for you!

I loved the look of Curvy Candy and Pudgy Peony – they are similar in colour but still quite different from each other,

Curvy Candy is my new love, I have been wearing it constantly for the past couple of weeks – it’s a slightly coral toned pink which gives a nice natural flush of colour.

Pudgy Peony is still quite sheer, but much more powerful – a more definite fuchsia colour.

All the shades can be layered to create new shades too – they have a feature on their site where you can mix and match the colours and see the end result. I tried layering mine, but as they are quite similar colours there wasn’t a massive difference in the shade. It’s still nice to know that if I end up adding more Chubby Sticks to my collection it’s something that can be done easily.

They are essentially, a coloured lip balm – the type of
finish they give is ideal for summer days when you don’t want to wear
anything too heavy and they feel fantastic on the lips.

I love the packaging too – they are like a fat colouring pencil – you twist the end once your stick gets ‘blunt’. I think these will be an essential in this summer’s make up bag!

Chubby Sticks are available at Clinique counters and at www.clinique.co.uk for £16.

Do you have any? What do you think of them?

15 Comments

1. Anonymous
    June 7, 2012 / 9:51 am

You have lips I die for!! so full 🙂

completedisbelief.co.za

2. June 7, 2012 / 11:39 am

I bought the set of 4 mini ones at Christmas & really like them but they don't contain much product. When I twisted them up there was only a couple of cms of balm. Do the full-size ones contain enough product to fill the stick?

3. Anonymous
    June 7, 2012 / 4:53 pm

I love the look of these! x

4. June 7, 2012 / 4:59 pm

These are gorgeous colours and I love the finish of them. Only shame is with these types of products, they don't last very long :/

Beth
    Beth-Bradley.blogspot.co.uk

5. June 8, 2012 / 12:20 am

Pudgy Peony looks AWESOME on you! I need to pick a bunch of these up 😀

6. Anonymous
    June 8, 2012 / 9:01 am

These are like cult favorites of sorts, but i've heard that the revlon balmstains are seriously similar! I should definitely go check out pudgy peony – it looks so gorgeous on you! x

7. July 27, 2012 / 1:40 pm

Slightly random but where is your hamsa bracelet from – I love it!

8. July 29, 2012 / 5:12 pm

I recently purchased Chunky Cherry whilst on holiday, and must say that I, too, am in love with this product. The colour richly pigmented, and I like that this therefore allows you good coverage, without having to apply too much product – which thankfully makes it last longer. I hope to extend my collection, and am looking to buy Mega Melon in the near future. As said, a Chubby Stick is definitely a Summer essential worth investing in. My lips feel smooth and the colour is wonderful! 🙂