My MAC order containing my wares from the Fabulous Felines collection arrived this week – and what a treat they are! There are three parts to the Collection – Palace Pedigreed;
A collection of regal blues, plush greys and polished silver for lips, cheeks and eyes as haughty as its finely-favoured feline inspiration – the emerald-eyed, sable-riche Russian Blue.
Looks for lips, cheeks and eyes in a tawny, exotic creme-golden colour palette that betrays both sensual vulnerability and spectacular power.
and Burmese Beauty;
A rich teak-olive colour collection for lips, cheeks and eyes that celebrates the well-cared-for, and exalts in her high-borne right to be spoiled.
The only things which immediately stood out to me were the Mauvement Pigment, and Smoky Heir Superslick Liquid Liner from the Palace Pedigreed collection.
The Superslick Liner has a fiber-tipped brush which makes it really easy to apply. It dries really quickly and even when dry has a wet metallic look to it. Smoky Heir is purple, and described on the site as dark blue violet with soft pearl, which I’d say is pretty accurate.
Although it is purple it’s very dark toned, so it can be worn on its own without looking too “woo, look at me wearing bright purple eyeliner”. So far, so good!
The pigment is the first MAC pigment I’ve bought and I’m really impressed – there’s loads of product in the pot and a little bit of goes a really long way. I found that when I took the lid off there was enough product sitting in the lid for one application. I know it will last a long time, which is always a bonus! The site describes Mauvement as a cool toned taupe with gold pearl – from looking at the product in the pot I’d say it was more of a brown mauve colour, but once it’s applied it’s definitely from the gold family and has little specks of glittery dirty gold and rich purpley bronze colour. If I had to describe the colour in one word it would be ‘taupe’ but I think it’s just beautiful!
To avoid fallout I used it with an eye shadow primer, and applied it using a patting motion.
Make up used:
- Urban Decay Primer Potion
- MAC Tissueweight – up to brow
- MAC Mauvement Pigment over lid and just above crease
- MAC Smoulder eyeliner (I was worried about it being too purpley for a daytime look so decided to apply this underneath. I don’t think I needed to worry, as I said above it is quite dark and was very very subtle using the ‘double line’ method)
- MAC Superslick Liner in Smoky Heir
- Diorshow Maximiser lash plumper
- Lancome Hypnose black mascara
- Guerlain Paurure Extreme Foundation
- MAC Select Cover-Up Concealer
- Natural Collection SunTint Bronzer in Golden Glow
- MAC Stereo Rose MSF as blush
- MAC Call My Buff Lipstick