web analytics

April Empties

I am going to try to make a conscious effort to do my empties on a monthly, rather than bi-monthly basis! So although there’s not much – these are the products I used up in April…

one – Delicate Clarisonic Head (£21 available here) – this was the standard head on my Clarisonic Mia when I bought it. I have used it for a couple of months but feel I needed something with a bit more power and exfoliation so have now switched to the Deep Pore head.

two – Erythromycin (available on prescription) – these were prescribed to me from my GP to help try to clear my skin. I have now been taking four a day for the past six weeks and my skin is definitely improving – there’s still a way to go, but it’s massively better! Repurchased!

three – LDN:SKINS Gradual Tan Lotion (£22 for 200ml available here) – this is a really lovely, gradual, natural looking tan. It left me with a healthy glow of colour without looking orange – smells good and easy to add into a daily routine. Full review here. Looking forward to trying out their tanning mousse next!

four – Simple Cleansing Facial Wipes (£3.20 for 25 wipes available here – currently on 3 for 2) – I use these to remove the bulk of my make up before cleansing. They are really good at shifting the grime while being kind to my skin – they don’t break me out or leave my skin feeling uncomfortable. Repurchased!

five – Benefit Porefessional (£23.50 for 22ml available here) – This is a primer which is supposed to reduce the appearance of pores. I wasn’t sure it made any difference, but once I stopped using it, I wanted it again – hence using it up! Pores appear smaller, make up glides on nicely on top of it – I’ve repurchased!

six – Simple Eye Make-up Remover (£3.39 for 125ml available here – currently on 3 for 2) – Great, inexpensive eye make up remover that removes even the most stubborn of mascara. Gentle yet powerful, non oil – repurchased!

seven – Urban Decay All Nighter (£19 for 118ml available here) – make up setting spray which really helps to keep my make up looking fresh on a night out – repurchased!

Please watch my video if you’d like some more in depth info about any of the products…

15 Comments

1. May 2, 2012 / 4:16 pm

They also do erythromycin as gel to use topically; been using it for the past 15 years and there's nothing else I trust more for the occasional spots… If you fancy a change from the tablets. 🙂
    I'm a fan of the all nighter too!

• May 3, 2012 / 11:18 am

I have Retin-A at the moment, but find it really REALLY drying – is that the same? I might ask to switch over if not – thanks x

• May 3, 2012 / 7:09 pm

It dries out the impurities but I wouldn't say it dries my skin… But I wouldn't put it all over my face – it really does miracles overnight

• May 7, 2012 / 3:03 am

I've also used the gel, I would just use it on spots at it does work! Definitely not an all over face product. It also came in two strengths, the gentler one wouldn't be as drying! 🙂

2. May 2, 2012 / 4:46 pm

I love posts like these! Glad to know that you've repurchased some of these products, that is the true mark of a good product =)

3. May 2, 2012 / 5:31 pm

well done finishing up so many! i have that simple eye remover too! 🙂

4. May 2, 2012 / 7:36 pm

there is a freebie mini porefessional with Glamour magazine out the end of May – I'm stocking up! x

5. May 2, 2012 / 10:25 pm

I'd often wondered about trying the All nighter by UD. Might have to check it out now. Cool favs x

6. May 3, 2012 / 1:15 am

Oh, I so need to pick up that all nigher spray. I've never used a makeup spray before and have always been curious.Is it like that Evian facial spray?

• May 3, 2012 / 11:20 am

Not really – the Evian is just water, where this has more ingredients. The Evian I use if my face looks a bit flat and lifeless, whereas this really helps to keep make up on for a whole night without it falling off! x

7. May 3, 2012 / 8:41 am

I might try the benefit primer, I've just started using primer believe it or not!! I'm using the accessorize one at the moment, but may invest in the benefit one!

Have a fab day,
    Charlee
    british-belle.blogspot.co.uk

• May 3, 2012 / 11:21 am

It'll be a freebie with Glamour mag later this month so maybe wait and try and get hold of it to see if you like it 🙂 x

8. May 13, 2012 / 9:35 am

I'm loving Simple skincare at the moment – reasonably priced and know you're still being kind to your skin. I love their toner especially at the moment

xx