Excuse the scrappy photos, I have used this before, if you hadn’t noticed!
This eyeshadow quad by Guerlain comes in a little velvet pouch within its box, adding to the feeling that you have bought a luxurious brand. The casing is silver with the logo to the front of the rounded square. Inside you are presented with four eyeshadows with a sunburst pattern imprinted into them. The two shadows on the left of the palette have a very pale shadow with a very slight shimmer in it built into them forming part of a floral design.
The palette has a mirrored lid and comes with two sponge applicator brushes. One standard eyeshadow type brush and the other is thinner for using as liner.
The first two colours are really quite light and neutral. The first on the left is the one that is top left on the palette, then the one under it, then the top right and then bottom right. The brown that is swatched last has tiny specks of metallic shimmer in it, but nothing like what the Sleek palette was like. It’s still mainly a matte shade with a hint of iridescence.
Here I used the top left colour all over my whole lid up to underneath my eyebrow, and under the inner corners of my eye, then used the bottom left over the lid and the bottom right in the creases.
Other make up used:
- Sheer Cover Mineral Foundation in Buff
- MAC Select Cover-Up in NC20 on blemishes
- Sephora Corrector Palette under eyes
- Natural Collection SunTint Bronzing Powder in Golden Glow
- MAC Stereo Rose MSF as blush
- MAC Hang Loose Mineralize Blush on apples of cheeks
- MAC Smoulder kohl under lower lashes
- NARS Liquid eyeliner in Angel Heart on upper lid
- Diorshow Maximiser lash serum
- Lancome Hypnose Mascara (black)
- MAC Underage Lipglass
The eyeshadows have a velvety finish to them and glide on to the eye really well and comfortably – there’s no dragging, but I found due to these being quite light tones you do have to load the product onto the brush. Lasts well and wears well – big thumbs up from me.